How To Build A Great Student Profile On Tallo
Your friends are on Tallo. Your college is on Tallo. Your future boss is probably on there, too. Now, you’re on Tallo, and you need a little help creating the perfect profile that you can share with your friends, show in your college admissions packet, bring to your big interview, or use to attract the people hiring for your dream job. These tips (and these videos) will help you build a 11/10 profile that does all that and more.
Creating the perfect profile on Tallo
Below, you’ll find an example of the profile and where you can brag about your accomplishments. We’ve broken down instructions into sections. Simply pick the section of your profile you want to enhance, and click the + sign. Remember, you don’t have to do everything at once, but the more you do, the more potential for matches you have.
1. Add a profile picture. This is your first impression, make it a good one! If you have pictures of you doing something you’re proud of, like receiving an award, performing in a play, or playing your favorite sport, that’s a great way to showcase what you love to do. Profiles with photos get more matches, hands down. Hint: to edit your profile picture, tap or hover over it to upload a photo, switch the picture, or rotate.
2. Upload a video showing something creative you made, playing a sport, or trying an experiment. This is another great way to display your personality! Hint: to upload a video, click the Play icon next to your profile picture. You’ll need to host it on a public platform (like Vimeo or Youtube) and then add the url in the subject field.
3. Add a bio. This could be the year you graduate, something that makes you unique (I built a telescope at 15), or any fact about yourself that makes you stand out. Hint: click “add a short bio” under your profile picture.
4. Download your Tallo profile. Once you finish filling out your profile, you can print it out pre-formatted as a resumé to take to your next interview or include in your college applications.
5. Share your profile with a teacher, coach, or parent. They can provide good advice on what to add or remove from your profile to help you put your best foot forward.
6. Career Interests. Interested in Arts and Entertainment? Add that! More of a Science and Tech person? That’s cool too! Don’t be shy about adding more than one thing if you’re not sure exactly what you want to do. The more information you share, the more opportunity you have to match with a company or college that may help you decide which direction to take.
7. Location Preferences. Already know where you want to live? That’s awesome, go ahead and choose a state (or a few!). This helps talent seekers (companies, colleges, organizations) match people with opportunities based on where they live or would like to live.
8. Next Steps. Choose two- or four-year college, the military, or the workforce. If you’re planning on college, where do you want to go? If you have already applied and accepted, throw that in there, too. Keeping your acceptance status updated helps connect you with opportunities! Hint: to add or change details in a section, click or tap the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the section.
9. Digital Badges. Many clubs and organizations offer Digital Badges to display your involvement or membership. Request and earn digital badges to show your accomplishments and skills. Hint: Choose Organization or Club, then type in the name of the organization to add it to your profile. Example: HOSA, FBLA, FIRST, etc.
10. Memberships, Extracurricular Activities, and Hobbies. Are you a member of a club or organization or do you have a hobby you enjoy? Do you belong to a leadership organization like FBLA? This is where you can list those types of memberships. Plus, if you come from an organization, it’s important that you add your membership, so they can find you on Tallo too! Hint: Choose Organization or Club, then type in the name of the organization to add it to your profile. Example: HOSA, FBLA, FIRST, etc.
11-12: Work Experience and Accomplishments | Share your professional experience and responsibilities
11. Work Experience and Responsibilities. Outline your work experience; paid or unpaid responsibilities at home or in your community, and the skills you learned doing it. This is the place to brag about your internships, volunteering opportunties, or even a great babysitting gig that taught you a lot.
12. Accomplishments. If you’ve ever been recognized (think: MVP on your soccer team or CPR certification) or earned an award (like Dean’s List), this is where you can show off those wins. Hint: scroll down in Profile view to add or edit information in additional sections.
13-17: Education, Scores and More | Brag about school, tests, favorite classes, languages, and major projects
13. Education. Include details about your education experience, like where you went to high school or college, if you’re currently attending or graduated, your GPA, and your expected graduation date.
14. Test Scores. Here you can add in test scores like ACT or SAT, or other types of tests and quizzes.
15. Courses. Did you excel in Spanish or really love your art class? Add classes you think apply to your future steps or that you really loved!
16. Languages. Are you fluent in more than one language? Be sure to add this here. There are lots of opportunities for people who are multilingual.
17. Files. Here you can upload supporting documents. This could be a resumé, letter of recommendation, transcripts, or even an essay or poem you are proud of. Show off!
18-20: Opportunities, Questions, and Understanding Your Dashboard | Access $30B in scholarships, find internships and jobs, and so much more
18. Stumped? Get help by clicking here, searching FAQs, or talk to a Tallo team member!
19. Opportunities. Scroll back up to the top of the profile. Your Opportunties Tab will let you see where you match with opportunities and keep track of new ones! This could be for scholarships, internships, college, or jobs.
20. Dashboard. Your dashboard lets you keep track of all your scholarship money, your matching opportunties, and the brands on Tallo that are offering jobs, the colleges on Tallo looking for you, and so much more. Keep track of everything in one place.