Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use the Website or Services, do not create an account, and do not share or post any content. By accessing or using this Website or our Services, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website or our Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. If you have already created an account, and you would like to terminate it, please contact Tallo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Summary of Services and This Policy
The Services are intended to provide an online platform for you and other Tallo members (“Users”) to ask and answer questions, share advice, and connect with others about education and careers. You control the amount of information, limited to a profile name and an optional photo, that you share with Tallo partners and individuals through Tallo’s community forum (the “Community Forum”). Do not post or provide any information that you do not want to be shared on the Community Forum or with other Tallo partners and individuals.
Tallo is committed to protecting your privacy, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Policy describes how we collect and use online data, including Tallo’s compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Tallo may provide links to third party websites that may be of interest to Tallo Users. Tallo may receive payment for information collected by such third parties via these links. Following these links and submitting any information to these third parties is voluntary and decided by the individual User. These third party websites are governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. Tallo encourages you to review the terms and policies of any third party website you visit before disclosing any information.
3) What Information We Collect
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services and our Community Forum, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Information Transmitted To Those With Whom You Choose To Communicate. You share your information (including messages) as you use and communicate through our Services and our Community Forum.
- Information Associated With Your Account. Your profile name and an optional photo, “about” information, last seen information, and message receipts are available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users, including businesses, with whom you communicate.
- Your Communications With Others. Users, including businesses, with whom you communicate can store or reshare your information (including your phone number or posts) with others on and off our Services. You can use your Services settings and the “block” feature in our Services to manage who you communicate with on our Services and certain information you share.
Tallo also collects the following categories and types of information about you when you use the Services:
- Identifiers such as your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Other categories of information that may be defined as personal information under state or federal law.
- A photo, video, or audio file containing your image or voice, if you choose to provide it.
- A persistent identifier (such as a “cookie,” device or processor serial number, or an IP address).
- Information about how you use the Services, including browsing and search history and how you interact with campaigns provided through the Services.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, including your physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information described in Section 2 to create a profile about you and your preferences.
4) How We Collect Your Information
Tallo collects information from you when you register for the Services and when you update your information, such as your profile.
4.2. Profile Information. Once you register, the amount of information you decide to share is voluntary and decided by each individual User.
4.3. Customer Service. We collect information about you when you interact with Tallo’s Customer Service website in an effort to respond to your inquiries.
4.4. Cookies, Advertising, and Web Beacons. Tallo collects information about you when you use the Services. For example, Tallo knows when you participate in polls, install a mobile application, share articles, or use your account to log in to a third party website or application. If you visit a third party site that embeds Tallo professional plugins, like “Share on Tallo,” while you are logged into your account, we will collect information about the pages you loaded in your web browser.
CONTINUED SUMMARY OF HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Tallo also uses tools such as cookies to automatically collect information about you while you use the Services.
In the course of optimizing the Services, Tallo may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography, career field, or information about your professional or educational background). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Tallo does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
To support the Services we provide at no cost, as well as to provide a more relevant and useful experience, Tallo uses web beacons, pixels, and cookies. We use these tools to collect anonymized data, aggregated auditing, and research and reporting for various third parties. Because your web browser requests web beacons directly from network servers, these networks can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
5) How We Use & Share Your Information
Sharing your information is inherent in Tallo’s services. Tallo will share your information with employers, colleges, universities and organizations for various recruitment activities. With your approval, Tallo may also publish your information on our homepage (for example, highlighting a student that was recently awarded a scholarship) or through other features on our website, which could make your information visible to the general public. Tallo does not control how third parties use your data.
By registering an account, you agree to Tallo using your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided or imported from other sites, applications, or third parties;
- to share your information with other employers, colleges, universities and organizations with which Tallo has agreements governing the proper use and confidentiality of your information for recruitment activities;
- with your approval, to feature your information on our homepage or through other aspects of our website which are visible to the general public;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services and products from Tallo and third parties;
- to allow you to import information about yourself from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Tallo or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact Tallo and for Tallo to contact you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to school and employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to generate internal reports about the use of the Services;
- to provide recommendations to you concerning groups or organizations that may be of potential interest to you.
Tallo may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on Tallo. Tallo may also use third party service providers to host the Services and store your data. These third party service providers will have access to your data.
Our Services may offer the ability to use third party integrations to enable you to share your information on multiple online platforms. If you elect to share content and by using third party integrations, your information may be displayed outside of Tallo. Whether or not your information becomes publicly available will depend on your privacy settings for these other platforms. So, we suggest you check your privacy settings before posting any information to those other platforms.
Tallo takes your privacy very seriously. Tallo does not sell or rent your personally identifiable information and will only share this information with third parties as described in this Policy.
6) How We Store Information
Tallo will retain all the information gathered about you in an effort to make repeat use of our Services more efficient, practical and relevant. For some features, you can opt out of this personalization. You may edit or delete content, or your entire profile, at any time by logging into your account and using the buttons located within each section of your profile. If you are unable to edit or delete content, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (855)765-STEM ((855)765-7836). Tallo does not guarantee that any edits or deletions will result in the complete and comprehensive removal of the content and the information you provide. Tallo cannot guarantee that messages you send to talent seekers or content shared by you that have been copied by other Users will be deleted. If you do not want content seen by other Tallo Users, or the general public, you should not post it.
In limited circumstances, Tallo may deny or limit your ability to edit or delete content if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you close your account, your content will be deleted; however, Tallo will retain an archival copy for its own use.
If you choose to close your account, Tallo will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (except for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes and may include additional information related to your activity. Tallo may also choose to retain certain information for business purposes, such as the analysis of aggregated non-personally identifiable data or to prevent fraud or abuse of the Services.
If Tallo learns that an account holder is deceased, their account may be memorialized and functionality restricted. Accounts may also be closed upon receipt of proper legal notice or upon request by next of kin.
7) How We Protect Your Information
All information you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology. In addition, SSL encryption is used to secure sensitive data when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Services and access to your account is password-protected. Tallo also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and uses a tier-one-secured-access data center.
Despite our best efforts, Tallo cannot make the internet 100% secure and we do not make any warranties as to the security of your personal information or the content you generate using the Services. Please note that emails and other means of communication are not encrypted and Tallo strongly advises you to not communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means.
8) Disclosure of Your Information
9) Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
The Services are not designed or intended for children under the age of thirteen (a “Child”). Tallo complies with COPPA and Tallo does not permit any Child to create a profile or otherwise use the Services. Tallo will delete any profile that Tallo suspects may relate to a Child.
10) Compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
We comply with CCPA with respect to the collection of personal information. We do not sell any personal information.
California residents have certain rights under the CCPA with respect to personal information that is collected, sold, and/or used for business purposes.
In the last 12 months, Tallo may have collected those categories of information outlined in Section 3 of this Policy from the various sources identified in Section 4. California residents have the following rights with respect to personal information collected by Tallo:
- Request for Information. The information you share with Tallo is always accessible through your user profile. However, you can also request a copy of your personal information and how it has been used and shared over the last 12 months directly from Tallo. In particular, you have the right to request: (1) categories of personal information that have been collected; (2) the categories of sources of this personal information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; (4) categories of third parties with whom Tallo shares personal information; and (5) specific pieces of personal information that Tallo has collected about you.
- Deletion of Information. Tallo users can delete their personal information at any time by modifying their profile. You can also request that Tallo delete your personal information on your behalf at any time.
- Tallo will not discriminate against any user that exercises their rights under CCPA. However, the Tallo services do depend on Tallo’s ability to collect and share your personal information. So, the nature and quality of services Tallo provides to you will depend on Tallo’s ability to collect and share this personal information.
- Requests for copies of personal information, or deletion of personal information, may be made using the contacts in Section 12 below.
As discussed above, Tallo does not sell any personal information. In the last 12 months, Tallo may have collected and/or disclosed your personal information to enable Tallo to provide the Services, including for the following business purposes:
- To detect security incidents and to protect the Tallo Services against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
- To troubleshoot, debug, or correct errors in the Services.
- For other short term or transient use where the personal information is not disclosed to a third party.
- To maintain user profiles, provide customer service, process analytics, and other similar services performed on behalf of Tallo.
- For Tallo’s own internal research and development purposes and to improve the quality, safety, and features Tallo’s products and services.
- To audit interactions between users and transactions through the Services, including interactions with ads or campaigns provided through the Services.
11) Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
Information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this Policy, and in compliance with local regulations.
Information concerning EU data subjects may be transferred to or processed in locations outside of the EU only where one of the following safeguards is in effect:
- Transfers to certain countries which the EU Commission has determined ensures an adequate level of protection;
- Transfers pursuant to standard contractual clauses or contract terms ensuring adequate data protection;
- Where required, Tallo entities have entered into European Union Model Clause Agreements which allows for the processing of your personal data and for transfers of your personal data.
Automated Decision Making
Automated decisions are defined as decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of information and that produce legal effects that significantly affect the individuals involved.
Tallo does not make automated decisions using personal information. If automated decisions are to be made, affected persons will be given an opportunity to express their views on the automated decision in question and object to it.
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: If you are located in the EU, we will only send you marketing communications and updates about our products, services and events with your prior consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. If you are not located in the EU, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and updates at any time. You can manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the Unsubscribe link located on the bottom of Tallo’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consequences of Not Providing Information: If you choose not to provide certain information, it may be an impediment to the exchange of information necessary for the execution of the contract or provision of services, and we may not be able to provide you with some services and you may not be able to participate in some of the activities on our website(s).
Notice to European Users
Individuals residing in the European Economic Area have the following rights concerning your information processed by Tallo:
- Access: You have the right to access personal information that Tallo holds about you.
- Rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information Tallo holds about you if it is inaccurate or not complete.
- Erasure: You can request that Tallo erase your personal information. We may keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
- Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask Tallo to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future.
- Object to processing: Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to Tallo processing your data. Tallo will discontinue processing your data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. We may keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
- Portability: Where processing is based on consent or performance of a contract, you have the right to data portability. Tallo must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to Tallo as the Data Controller.
- Lodging Complaints: If we are not able to satisfactorily resolve your questions, concerns, or complaints, or if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes on your rights under applicable data protection laws, you have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedies, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. Contact information for the supervisory authorities may be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
- Please contact email@example.com to request access, rectification, or erasure, or to restrict processing, to object to processing, or to request data portability.
12) How to Contact Us
You may contact Tallo either via email or U.S. mail at these addresses.
Questions or concerns about this Policy can be directed to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone to 855-765-7836, or at:
1501 Belle Isle Ave
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464