Summary of Introduction
Ping is a social media platform that enables you to share information about yourself and/or your organization with others for recruiting purposes.
Summary of Introduction Continued
You control the amount of information you share. Do not post any information that you do not want to be publically available.
The Services are intended to allow you to share your information and allow others to find you and/or your organization. By default, your account is set up to share the information we find most users want to share. This information can be accessed by other users of Ping. If you do not want your information to be available to other users, then do not share it through Ping.
Tallo is committed to protecting your privacy, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Policy describes how we collect and use data shared in connection with your use of Ping.
While Tallo takes steps to safeguard your information, Tallo has no control over how third parties may use the information you share while using our Services. Ping may provide links to advertisements or third party websites that may be of interest to Ping users. Following these links and submitting any information to these third parties is completely up to you. These third party websites are governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. Tallo encourages you to review the terms and policies of any third party website you visit before disclosing any information.
The most recent version of this Policy will be posted here, so we encourage you to check back often. You may close your account at any time if you do not agree to our revised Policy.
Summary of What Information We Collect
Ping collects biographical and other information you provide while using the Services as well as information about your computer or mobile device.
2. What Information We Collect
Ping collects the following categories and types of information about you when you use the Services:
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone number or other similar identifiers.
- Other categories of information that may be defined as personal information under state or federal law, including your age, gender, race, ethnicity, or other personally identifiable information you choose to provide.
- Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment)
- Information about your education, occupation, employment history, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests.
- Information imported by you or your connections from Third Party Services.
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so.
- A photo, video, or audio file containing your image or voice, if you choose to provide it.
- A persistent identifier (such as a “cookie,” device or processor serial number, or an IP address).
- Information about how you use the Services, including browsing and search history and how you interact with ads or campaigns provided through the Services.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, including your physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs.
Inferences drawn from any of the information described in this Section 2 to create a profile about you and your preferences.
Summary of How We Collect Your Information
Ping collects information from you when you register for the Services and when you update your information such as your profile.
3. How We Collect Your Information
3.2. Profile Information. Once you register, you may provide additional information to your Ping profile. The amount of information you decide to share is entirely up to you.
3.3. Customer Service. We collect information about you when you interact with Ping’s Customer Service website in an effort to respond to your inquiries.
Summary of Cookies, Advertising and Web Beacons
Ping also uses tools such as cookies to automatically collect information about you while you use the Services.
3.4. Cookies, Advertising, and Web Beacons. Tallo collects information about you when you use the Services. If you visit a third party site that embeds Ping professional plugins, like “Share on Ping,” while you are logged into your account, we will collect information about the pages you loaded in your web browser.
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the Services, Ping may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography, career field, or information about your professional or educational background). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Ping does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
To support the Services we provide at no cost, as well as to provide a more relevant and useful experience, Ping uses ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags, ad networks and cookies. We use these tools to collect anonymized data, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers. Because your web browser requests advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. You may opt-out of ads served to you off Ping, by turning off “Advertising Preferences.”
Summary of How We Use and Share Your Information
The goal of Ping is to connect students and professionals with colleges, universities and employers. We share your information with these entities and we do no control their use of your information.
4. How We Use and Share Your Information
Sharing your information is inherent in the Services. Tallo will share your information with employers, colleges, and universities for various recruitment activities through Ping.
By registering an account, you agree to Tallo using your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you and/or your organization based on information that you have provided or imported from other sites, applications, or third parties;
- to share your information with other users;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from Tallo and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other users;
- to make payments for Services as applicable;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Tallo or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact Tallo and for Tallo to contact you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to help other users find your profile and connect with you;
- to provide products and services to school and employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide products and services that enable you and other users to network, post information on bulletin boards, and view and compare profiles;
- to generate internal reports about the use of the Services;
- to provide recommendations to you concerning groups or organizations that may be of potential interest to you.
Tallo may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on Ping. Tallo may also use third party service providers to host the Services and store your data. These third party service providers will have access to your data.
Summary of How We Use and Share Your Information Continued
We only share your information as described in this Policy.
Tallo takes your privacy very seriously. Tallo does not sell or rent your personally identifiable information and will only share this information with third parties as described in this Policy.
Summary of How We Store Information
You should carefully consider what information you share with other users. If you do not want your information seen by others, you should not post it. Ping cannot guarantee the complete and comprehensive deletion of your information.
5. How We Store Information
Tallo will retain all the information gathered about you in an effort to make repeat use of our Services more efficient, practical and relevant. For some features, you can opt out of this personalization. You may edit or delete content, or your entire profile, at any time by logging into your account. If you are unable to edit or delete content, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (855)765-STEM ((855)765-7836). Tallo cannot guarantee that messages you send to others or content shared by you that have been copied by other users will be deleted. In limited circumstances, Tallo may deny or limit your ability to edit or delete content if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Summary of How We Store Information Continued
If you close your account, your content will be deleted. Ping will retain an archival copy for our own use.
Tallo will retain an archival copy is retained for as long as needed for audit and record purposes and may include additional information related to your activity. Tallo may also choose to retain certain information for business purposes, such as the analysis of aggregated non-personally identifiable data or to prevent fraud or abuse of the Services. If Tallo learns that an account holder is deceased, their Ping account may be memorialized and functionality restricted. Accounts may also be closed upon receipt of proper legal notice or upon request by next of kin.
Summary of How We Protect Your Information
We use standard industry protocols and technology to protect your information, but we cannot make the internet 100% secure.
6. How We Protect Your Information
All information you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology. In addition, SSL encryption is used secure sensitive data when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Services and access to your account is password-protected. Tallo also regularly audits the Ping system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and uses a tier-one-secured-access data center.
Despite our best efforts, Tallo cannot make the internet 100% secure and we do not make any warranties as to the security of your personal information or the content you generate using the Services. Please note that emails and other means of communication are not encrypted and Tallo strongly advises you to not communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means.
Summary of Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
We comply with COPPA and do not permit any Child to use the Services.
7. Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
The Services are not designed or intended for children under the age of thirteen (a “Child”). Tallo complies with COPPA and Ping does not permit any Child to create a profile or otherwise use the Services. Tallo will delete any profile that Tallo suspects may relate to a Child.
Summary of Compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
We comply with CCPA with respect to the collection of personal information. We do not sell any personal information.
8. Compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
- Request for Information. The information you share with Tallo is always accessible through your user profile. However, you can also request a copy of your personal information and how it has been used and shared over the last 12 months directly from Tallo. In particular, you have the right to request: (1) categories of personal information that have been collected; (2) the categories of sources of this personal information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; (4) categories of third parties with whom Tallo shares personal information; and (5) specific pieces of personal information that Ping has collected about you.
- Deletion of Information. Ping users can delete their personal information at any time by modifying their profile. You can also request that Tallo delete your personal information on your behalf at any time.
- Tallo will not discriminate against any user that exercises their rights under CCPA. However, the Ping services do depend on Tallo’s ability to collect and share your personal information. So, the nature and quality of services Tallo provides to you will depend on Tallo s ability to collect and share this personal information through Ping.
- Requests for copies of personal information, or deletion of personal information, may be made using the contacts in Section 8 below.
As discussed above, Tallo does not sell any personal information. In the last 12 months, Tallo may have collected and/or disclosed your personal information to enable Tallo to provide the Services, including for the following business purposes:
- To detect security incidents and to protect the Services against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
- To troubleshoot, debug, or correct errors in the Services.
- For other short term or transient use where the personal information is not disclosed to a third party.
- To maintain user profiles, provide customer service, process analytics, and other similar services performed on behalf of Tallo.
- For Tallo’s own internal research and development purposes and to improve the quality, safety, and features Tallo’s products and services.
To audit interactions between users and transactions through the Services, including interactions with ads or campaigns provided through the Services.
9. How to Contact Us
Questions or concerns about this Policy can be directed to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone to 855-765-7836, or at:
1501 Belle Isle Ave
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464