Tallo is a free resource for students to create digital portfolios, match with over $20 billion in scholarships, and connect with colleges and companies for opportunities like internships, apprenticeships, and jobs. Schools also have access to follow and mentor their student population on Tallo.
How can Tallo assist students during the COVID-19 crisis?
The CDC has issued interim guidance for organizations planning mass gatherings or large events. Colleges across the country have canceled tours and activities, like Admitted Students Day. Other in-person events like career fairs, networking opportunities, and in-person interviews have also been canceled or postponed in response to COVID-19.
It’s time to meet students where they are: online. Your students are ready and willing to connect with potential employers and colleges online. Colleges and companies are taking advantage of Tallo’s online tools to recruit students through digital experiences.
Tips for incorporating Tallo during distance or online learning:
- Reach out to our Education team to set up your school account. That way, you’ll be able to view your students on Tallo. Contact us here.
- Take advantage of our resources for educators. Use our videos and materials so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel—like our elevator pitch lesson plan and our student self-assessment lesson plan.
- Use Tallo to reflect. Students can use their profiles to post their accomplishments, extracurricular activities, previous courses, and upload projects to reflect on what they’ve achieved so far.
- Connect with your students on Tallo. By using our messaging system, you can reach out to students in groups or individually.
- Students can set goals on Tallo to help guide them to their next step, college, the workforce, military, etc. Educators can use their school account to mentor students as they are creating their goals.
- Help your students connect to opportunities. Your students can use Tallo to connect to the colleges, companies, and organizations that are on Tallo.
We know schools operate on a tight budget that requires innovation to get the job done — especially when outside obstacles like COVID-19 are affecting you. That’s why we’re here to help keep you and your students connected while helping them continue on their journey toward professional success.